The European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO) is looking for a MANAGER of the SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMMES
Founded in 1980, ESTRO, the European SocieTy for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is a non-profit and scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer.
With over 7 000 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
You are responsible for building scientific programs with the aim of promoting Society purpose, goals and objectives.
- Supervise the abstract management process (submission, review, selection, invitation of speakers and follow-up)
- Supervise and lead the Programme Coordinator (indicate what needs to be done and provide him/her with necessary deadlines)
- Be accountable for the smooth running of the Programme activities.
- Anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines
- Have a very positive work attitude
- Translate ESTRO Strategy into team operational activities
- Align with Senior Management decisions and support these towards his/her team
- Develop the Scientific Programme for ESTRO Annual conferences
- Set overall timelines for the development of the scientific programme
- Communicate regularly on the Scientific programme with the Congress Manager
- Ensure that webcasts are recorded with due written consent of the speakers to meet legal requirements
- Manage the number of invited speakers to ensure budget is not exceeded
- Supervise the speaker follow-up procedures (communications with invited speakers, chairs, oral communication and poster presenters, …)
- Maintain profound knowledge and understanding of oncology research and key speakers by attending relevant conferences and scientific workshops
- Conduct evaluation of events, interpreting results and drawing conclusions for future implementation
- Other duties as per defined scope
- Participating to and/or leading transversal projects
If you combine following criteria and qualities, then you are probably the person we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of similar experience within a (healthcare) association or related environment;
- Bachelor degree - A Master in Association Management is a plus as well as the former attendance of conferences/course such as those organized by ASAE, ESAE, AC Forum, Association World Congress;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Detail- oriented
- Diplomatic skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High and undiscussed probity and integrity;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Keen to work with volunteers;
- Interested to learn of / work with scientific content;
- Experience in the field of international development, working in cross-cultural environments
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “Manager” in the subject line) by 20/12/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview. Contacts should happen by 22 december 2019.