The European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO) is looking for a PROJECT MANAGER to coordinate and organize scientific courses.
Founded in 1980, ESTRO is a non-profit and scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer.
With over 7600 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
You are responsible for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective organization of ESTRO courses. You ensure that international exchanges of knowledge and experience, in the field of radiotherapy and oncology, are properly promoted and contribute to the scientific credibility of ESTRO.
- Travel extensively throughout Europe
- Liaise with the faculty and with the participants, all coming from different countries, before, during and after the courses
- Proactive on-site management
- Negotiate with venues (hotels) and ensure all logistics needs will be met (rooms, catering, etc.)
- Management of the budget
- Follow-up of the marketing and communication activities related to your courses, together with the dedicated ESTRO staff
- (Light) IT support on-site
- Continuous improvements process thanks to the evaluations
If you combine following criteria and qualities, then you are probably the person we are looking for:
- Be eager to work in an International environment and travel up to 2 months per year
- Have strong organization skills and a key sense of collaboration
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to function in a multi-task environment with colleagues of different nationalities
- Be flexible and able to cope with pressure
- Be diplomatic, sociable and keen to engage conversation with people from around the world
- Have service minded attitude toward the course faculties and participants
- Have excellent English (written and verbal)
- Have a basic understanding of budget management
- Be tech-savvy
- And, last but not least, have excellent communication skills.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “Education” in the subject line) by 31 July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.