Please find below the Frequently Asked Questions linked to the ESTRO 2020 reschedule.
I want to keep my registration to ESTRO 2020. What should I do?
If you plan to attend ESTRO 2020 this summer, no action is required on your side. As a registered participant, your registration will automatically be transferred to the re-scheduled congress.
We have selected the new dates in July/August to maintain the high level of quality of the scientific programme:
- If you registered for the full congress in April, you will have access to the full congress in July-August
- If you registered for a specific day of ESTRO 2020, you will have access to the same day in the new planning.
The same policies apply to participants who have taken a combined ticket for ESTRO 2020 and WCB as well as to those who have only registered to the WCB.
I cannot attend ESTRO 2020 on the new dates. What should I do?
If the registration you bought for ESTRO 2020 is no longer a good fit for the new dates, you have three options: you can change the type of registration; you can swap with a colleague; you can cancel your registration.
- If you are registered for the full congress in April but are no longer able to attend all days in July/August, you can change your status into a one-day or a two-days registration. ESTRO will reimburse the price difference.
- Swap with a colleague – If you cannot attend, you can transfer your participation to one of your colleagues who would like to join ESTRO 2020. This option is only valid if your colleague comes from the same institution and can access the same fee category (e.g. in training member/student/RTT, ESTRO member, Non ESTRO Member, etc.). More information on registration fees can be found on the ESTRO website.
- Cancel my registration – You can cancel your registration and get a full refund of the registration fee minus handling charges of 15%. This option is available until 3 months before ESTRO 2020, i.e. until 30 April 2020. Between 3 months and 1 month before ESTRO 2020, the refund will amount to 50% of the registration fee. No refund will be possible if the cancellation is postmarked after 30 June 2020.
I cancelled my registration to ESTRO 2020 before it was postponed and I have not been refunded yet. Can I register again?
Of course! If your registration hasn’t been refunded yet, you can notify us at email@example.com and we will transfer your registration to the new dates.
I cancelled my registration to ESTRO 2020 before it was postponed and I have already been refunded. Can I register again?
If you have already been reimbursed, we can reactivate your registration and send you a new invoice. If you can attend only one or two days, you can change your registration into a one-day or a two-days attendance, and we will send you a new invoice for the remaining balance. You can notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request.
I have made travel and accommodation arrangements to attend ESTRO 2020 in April. What should I do?
If not done so yet, please re-book or cancel your flights and hotel bookings for April before the date of departure (subject to the terms and conditions of your airlines and hotels).
When re-booking or cancelling, you should mention the following sentence:
“ ESTRO 2020 was postponed due to a decision of the Austrian government to ban all indoor events of more than 100 people. The doctrine of frustration of the contract applies (main purpose of travel is no longer valid) and therefore I kindly ask for cost-free re-booking”.
Several airlines offer flight changes free of charge.
Will ESTRO extend the deadline for the submission of abstracts in light of the ESTRO 2020 new dates?
No, abstract submission was closed on 23 October 2019 and the late breaking abstract submission on 15 January 2020. Although ESTRO 2020 is postponed, the programme will not undergo any changes. Presentation of accepted abstracts will be postponed to the new dates (read more about presentation formats in this page).
However, submission of digital posters (Presentation format: Poster Highlight, Poster Discussion and Poster) in the ESTRO subsidised platform (PosterSessionsOnline) will be postponed to 20 July 2020.