The department of radiation oncology at the university Hospital in Liège Belgium has vacant position for a senior radiation oncologist as regular staff member (100%)
Department and hospital
- The department of radiation oncology at the University of Liège is the largest department of radiation oncology in southern Belgium. It is the only university department in the Walloon region linked to a complete school of medicine. The Liege university hospital is in the process of a JCI accreditation.
- At present the department is spread over the university hospital and 3 remote sites. Two of these sites will fuse, moving to a new urban radiotherapy center. The university hospital site will also move to a comprehensive oncological center.
Infrastructure (from 2020 onwards):
- A university department with 5 vaults, for 2 newly installed linacs, and for our stereotactic radiotherapy system (Cyberknife with Robocouch). A dedicated new CT simulator is available. This department opens in a new oncological center and is integrated in a full platform of oncological imaging (nuclear medicine with PET-CT, dedicated MRI, …). The building is bright and adapted to concepts of ‘healing environment’. A wellness center is available.
- A new urban radiotherapy site with 3 vaults and a dedicated new CT simulator.
- A radiotherapy site in Libramont (Luxemburg province), with plans to move to the new Vivalia hospital after 2025
Radiotherapy equipment and team
- All 5 linacs are equipped with full IMRT/IGRT capabilities. A surface tracking system and automated identification of patients and immobilization material are planned.
- An active brachytherapy program is running, with both permanent seed implants and a HDR treatment room.
- A department wide Record and Verify system, workflow management system, videoconference system and a documentation system is available, linking all sites and staff members together.
- Treatment plans are prepared with state of the art systems : Raystation, Brachyvision and Precision.
- Collaboration with the Giga research teams, and access to a small animal irradiation system
- 13 senior radiation oncologists, 2-4 residents, 6 medical physicists, a quality manager, are part of our >80 staff team
We are looking for a certified radiation oncologist, willing to build with us one of the largest and most modern radiation facilities in Belgium. The initial location of work would be the urban radiotherapy site. The candidate should speak French or be willing to master this language.
For more information, please contact the head of the department:
Professor Philippe A. Coucke
Service de Radiotherapie-Oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire,
Sart Tilman B35, B4000 Liège 1