In 2011 ESTRO finalised the revision of the core curricula for radiation oncologists, medical physicists and RTTs based on competency based education and training, teaching methodology and assessment. The main objective of the ESTRO core curricula is to harmonise the training of the radiation oncology professionals in Europe, to facilitate mobility between EU member states, to reflect the rapid development of the professions and to secure the best evidence-based education across Europe.
It is recommended that the authorities in charge of the respective training programmes throughout Europe harmonise their own curricula according to this common framework.
All items below can be downloaded from the right hand menu:
- Editorial on competency based education and training in radiation oncology
- The updated ESTRO core curricula 2011 for clinicians, medical physicists and RTT’s
- Recommended Curriculum for the Specialist Training of Medical Practitioners in Radiotherapy (Radiation Oncology) within Europe - 3rd edition
- Guidelines for Education and Training of Medical Physicists in Radiotherapy - updated 2nd edition - Feb 2011
- European Core Curriculum for RTT (Radiation Therapists) - 3rd edition 2011
- Benchmarking Radiation therapist (RTT) Education >>